Child Dental Benefits Schedule
Looking after your children teeth has never been more affordable…
Save $1000 on your child’s dental treatment!
Ask us how (02) 4943 9177
The Australian Government is now assisting more than 3 million children receive important dental treatments, with $1000 in capped benefits being offered to eligible families via the new Medicare funded scheme – The Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS).
Here at Charlestown Dental Centre in Newcastle we are proud to support this new scheme to help children receive the dental care they need and deserve. Launched at the beginning of the year, the CDBS replaced the Teen Dental Voucher System, and assists children between the ages of 2 – 17 receive $1000 of Medicare-funded general dentistry over a 2 year period.
Who is eligible for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule and how long does it last?
Parents in receipt of the Family Tax Benefit Part A or any of the below government payments:
- Youth Allowance
- Parenting Payment
- Disability Support Pension
- Special Benefit
- Carer Payment
- Double Orphan Pension
- Veteran’s Children Education Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
- Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
Child Dental Benefits Schedule dental coverage
- Dental check-ups
- Teeth cleaning
- Fissure seals
- Root canal treatment
- Partial dentures
Key benefit terms and conditions
- Patients can use their full benefits within the first year if required; however, additional benefits will not be made available in the second year.
- If you do not use the $1000 capped benefit within the first year it will roll over to your second year for future use.
- If you do not use the $1000 in the 2 year time period, any remaining benefits cannot be carried over to the following year.
- The benefits can only be used by the eligible patient. This means that benefits cannot be shared amongst family members.
- Even if your child is turning 2 or 18 throughout the year they will still be eligible that year, for the full year.
- If for any reason you stop receiving the aforementioned government benefits, your child is still entitled to the Child Benefit Scheme as long as you received government funding sometime throughout that year.
No out of pocket expenses
At Charlestown Dental Centre, we bulk bill the general dental services covered by the CDBS, which means no gap fee for eligible families. The only time you will pay a gap fee is when you exceed the $1000 benefit limit within the two year period.
Compassion and care at Charlestown Dental Centre
We know that some children feel anxious about visiting the dentist, which is why we create a warm and welcoming environment to ensure your child feels nurtured as soon as they walk into our practice. Our compassionate and caring dental professionals aim to make the experience as engaging and fun as it is educational to help them look forward to their next dental experience.